Reasons to Donate
1. The frail elderly in local nursing homes. More than 50 percent of these chronically ill seniors have no visitors, so they face illness for the rest of their life, alone. Your gift gives them a consistent friend who cares and who listens.
2. The sick and injured in local hospitals. Who, in the midst of a rapidly changing health care system, are at their most vulnerable. In their darkest hour, they need to feel cared about. Your donation brings a good listener, a friendly face, and a ray of hope to their bedside.
3. Students from local colleges and high schools who are pursuing careers in health care. They develop the communication skills and emotional maturity they need to treat their patients with compassion – by volunteering to visit the sick and injured. You can help give them a head start in the human side of health care, at the beginning of their career.
4. Families of patients. When times are tough a little kindness goes a long way. The kindness we show to a family’s loved one also eases their distress. Compassion can hold a family together.
5. Nurses and health care staff at local hospitals and nursing homes. They have tough jobs to do. Adventures in Caring resources help them to connect with patients even in the most difficult situations. The appreciation and support given to them by our volunteers helps buffer their daily stress. Your gift helps to boost their job satisfaction and reduce the risk of burnout.
6. Hospitals and nursing homes. Health care organizations are being pushed to the breaking point by increasing demands and declining reimbursements. Adventures in Caring is helping health care leaders inspire their teams to meet the challenges. Your generosity helps to improve patient satisfaction and safety, staff retention, and medical outcomes.
7. The future quality of health care. Student volunteers are the future leaders of health care. They are our future doctors, dentists, nurses, pharmacists, and therapists. Millions of patients will be touched by their compassion. Your gift helps us take the first steps away from the humiliating industrial model of health care, towards a more humane and compassionate way of treating people who are ill.
8. Your heart and soul. Gifts of love will return to you. The stories told by our volunteers inspire hope for a brighter future and faith in humanity. Compassion makes an indelible imprint on the heart and soul, that you take with you wherever you go.
9. The world. Our world desperately needs more compassion to be put into action to heal the wounds of disconnectedness, hopelessness, and the inability to forgive. Your gift helps to create a groundswell of compassion that ripples across the world in the service of healing.
10. Those you never expected to help. Authentic compassion is universal and timeless. It has, in the language of quantum physics, “non-local” effects. In other words, it’s a surprise! You never entirely know who it might help, where or when it might show up, or how. Your gift sets in motion a wonderful chain of events that becomes a blessing to everyone they touch.