Resources from Adventures in Caring
- A Special Visitor. Request a visit from Raggedy Ann or Raggedy Andy – to deliver some extra TLC to someone you know in a hospital or nursing home, anywhere in the south coast of Santa Barbara county.
- Keynote Presentations. Karen Fox’s story is a vivid example of courage, triumph over adversity, and the healing power of love. Her story has inspired hundreds of audiences to reach for their dreams and follow their hearts.
- Seminars. Together, Karen and Simon create a unique blend of instruction and inspiration as they show the essential ingredients of how to communicate with compassion. The skills they demonstrate can be learned by everyone, and are fundamental to creating rapport with those who are sick or injured.
- Service-Learning. Compassion in Action is a one-year service-learning program for undergraduate students who are interested in a career in the health professions.
- Handbook for Visiting. What Can I Say? A Guide to Visiting Friends and Family Who are Ill is a well-loved 96-page book, now in its third edition. This handy, pocket-sized book has shown thousands of people how to play a key role in the healing of friends and family. It provides guidance on finding the right words and actions that bring comfort to those who are suffering. It is ideal for placing in waiting rooms, a helpful resource for caregivers, and a thoughtful gift for the members of a patient’s family.
- Volunteering. The Raggedy Volunteer Experience. Make new friends, open your heart, feed your soul, and gain the satisfaction of helping someone in a time of need. The feeling lasts a lifetime!