The Adventures in Caring volunteer programs are the key to its success. Founder Karen Fox's initial inspiration to lift the spirits of those who are sick and lonely has blossomed into a far-reaching program that brings compassion and inspiration into the lives of thousands of people every year. Regardless of their illness, race, religion, age, gender, or income, patients and their families receive compassionate, psychosocial support from skilled volunteers, free of charge.
AIC’s best known volunteer program is the Raggedy Ann & Andy Patient Care Programs for hospitals and nursing homes. In twenty-five years of service, the Raggedy Ann & Andy volunteers have made one million heart-to-heart visits with patients and their family members. Become a volunteer - apply today.
In addition to the high-profile Raggedy Ann & Andy Program, Adventures in Caring offers other volunteer and charitable opportunities. They include: making Raggedy Ann & Andy outfits; assisting with special events, open houses, or fundraising; arranging keynote presentations or seminars; and helping with outreach to the community.
Other ways of contributing include:
- Share your stories — if Adventures in Caring has helped you or your family, let us know how. Your personal story is welcomed.
- Pass the word — share the book What Can I Say?, show the Communicating with Compassion video, refer people to the Adventures in Caring website.
- Give feedback — the Adventures in Caring program is built upon the insight gained by hundreds of people through thousands of experiences over many years – but it is not complete, and the learning continues.
- Donate towards a service-learning scholarship for an undergraduate student.
- Sponsor a Raggedy program in a local nursing home or an Adventures in Caring publication, such as an upcoming book, video, newsletter, or the website.
- Contribute to the Adventures in Caring Endowment.