Help Us Teach the Art and Practice of Compassion.
Your gift is doubly effective: it reduces distress and restores well-being for hundreds of frail, socially isolated elders. At the same time it builds core competencies in tomorrow’s health care leaders to ensure the sick and injured in future generations will be treated with compassion.
Your gift honors the past, improves the present, and invests in the future. We earn the funds to cover most of our overhead so that at least 86% of your donation will be committed to this unique program.
Adventures in Caring is a nonprofit, 501(c)3, health and human services organization, based in Santa Barbara, California.
Our programs receive no government funding, they are supported entirely by private donations and private grants,
plus sales of our publications.
Your gift puts compassion into action:
- $50 brightens the day for ten socially isolated seniors.
- $100 sponsors a nursing student taking the Oxygen for Caregivers online course.
- $250 gives an undergraduate student their first 20 hours of pre-professional training in relationship-centered care.
- $500 breaks social isolation for a whole year, for two.
- $1,250 sponsors a one-year scholarship for a student to gain skills that last a lifetime.
- $5,000 sponsors an entire skilled nursing or memory care facility for one year.