#1: The Medicine of Compassion
40 Minute Documentary:
- Winner, International Health & Medical Media Award for best video in patient care.
- Documentary-style production, original musical score, and real-life scenes guaranteed to inspire.
Core Skills for the Human Side of Health Care
An introductionary seminar for new health professionals and a refresher on the fundamentals for experienced staff.
This inspiring and insightful video introduces compassion as a skill that everyone can learn.
The program features nurses, physicians and allied health professionals at work treating real patients in real life, in entirely candid, unscripted scenes.
- Develop the four core competencies that create the experience of compassion for a someone who is ill or injured. These are the foundational skills of excellent relationship-centered care.
- Listen, create rapport, and extend compassion, even when busy.
- Identify the communication errors that alienate patients, and remove them.
- Continually improve competencies in compassion through self-evaluation.
“In our fast-paced, high-tech health care system we must be reminded that health care is about people and relationships. The Medicine of Compassion can be used by all health care educators to show the central elements of the art of medicine; compassion, listening, and communication. Bravo!”.
Lanyard K. Dial, M.D.Associate Professor of Family Medicine, UCLA School of Medicine, Medical Director, Ventura County Medical Center
“Throughout history, compassion, caring, and love have been the foundation of healing. Without them, medical science and technology are inadequate. The Medicine of Compassion reminds us that these factors remain crucial in health care, as the greatest healers have always known”